Meeting Minutes – January 2019

7-8.30pm, Thursday 10th January 2019

Welcome, introductions & apologies

Attendees: JD, TM, SM, CS, LS, MP, PE, DM, CS, MK, JN, LB, IB

Apologies: JG, DF, AC

Action Log/minutes – December minutes were accepted as a true and accurate record

Evaluation of the Christmas Cracker event

  • Should decorate the marquee to make more of a feature for performance area
  • Invite a church to be part of the event and try to get a nativity in future to add to the festivities
  • Be clearer on publicity that FoLP organise the event – posters in noticeboard, leaflets with social media and website details on
  • Need to be more organised on fundraising and getting prizes for the raffle – someone needs to be in charge of approaching businesses
  • Need a publicity plan and someone to co-ordinate it for each event
  • Need an entertainment plan and one person to organise/co-ordinate it (e.g. to ensure music matches song sheets!)

2019 Annual Planning – Projects, Events, Maintenance

  • Meetings – continue to be first Thursday of the month, 7-8.30pm at the Vine Café on Bolton Road.
  • Volunteer days – 11-2pm every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. No volunteer days in December.
  • Provisional date for the AGM is 13th April, enquires are being made to find a suitable venue to hold a social after AGM business has been completed.

Event planning

  • 7th APRIL – Great British Spring Clean (Keep Britain Tidy)
  • 2nd June – Community Picnic & Games (part of National Volunteers Week)
  • 22nd June – The Great Big Bike Get Together (part of the Big Bike Revival and the Great Get Together of funding permitted)
  • 3rd August – “Wild About Salford” (Summer Family Fun Day Event)
  • 6th October – Autumn Fun Run (Tim to lead)
  • 8th December – Christmas Cracker

Projects Planning

  • Grow Well funding bid – need to submit additional information by Monday 14 January. Should hear back a week or so later. Bid includes wildflower meadows, fruit trees and programme of nature themed events
  • City of Trees have promised to donate 200 whips for the beech hedge and 6 fruit trees (Catriona has asked Liz to email CoT to confirm SCC permission). Paul Jones (SCC) will grind out the tree stumps where the hedge is planned – he needs to know when the whips will be delivered
  • It was agreed the woodland area in the park should be used for natural play and as a sensory area, e.g. stepping stones, wind chimes, fairy doors and general whimsy
  • Café (Liz to get an update from Annie Surtees the interested party about quotes for the container services costs)
  • Refurbishment of the sports area (Liz is investigating potential funding sources) and work with the group to access potential funding

Publicity / Communications

  • It’s been agreed that the survey will be put on hold for now as the key priorities for the year have already been agreed.
  • Aaron to set up social media accounts and develop new webpage including getting a new email address

Finance update

  • Back account remains in positive balance.
  • We made £504 net profit from the Christmas event

A.O.B

  • Paul Jones has also advised that one of the ash trees in the park is diseased and needs to be felled. Ian has asked him to keep it in the park so we can sculpt it into a train in the woodland area (Catriona to dig out details of the person who did the Duke’s Drive sculptures)
  • Membership and the mailing list – It was agreed the £1 membership will be collected from April.  Due to GDPR the old mailing list will be scrapped. More effort will be made at events to sign people up to the new mailing list for those who don’t use Facebook using a contact details slip.

Date of next meeting – Thursday 7th February, 7pm at the Vine Café

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *